Stoke Australia Terms & Conditions
Access To This Website
You agree to use this website only for the lawful purposes described in more detail in the “Restrictions on Use” section below. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the website, render the website inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the website or the Content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Content, or to attempt to access any Content that is not intended for you. You agree not to use the website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties. To access this website or some of the resources it has to offer, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this website that all the information you provide on this website will be correct, current, and complete. If our Company believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, we have the right to refuse you access to this website, or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time, without notice.
Restrictions On Use
Trademarks. The material and Content accessible from this website, and any other World Wide Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by our Company is the proprietary information of our Company or the party that provided the Content to our Company, and our Company or the party that provided the Content to our Company retains all rights, titles, and interest in the Content. Accordingly, the Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of our Company, or unless authorised in writing elsewhere on our website, except that you may print out a copy of the Content solely for your personal use. You are prohibited from using any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the website without the express written permission of our Company.
Copyrights. This website and its Content are protected by Australian and/or foreign copyright laws and belong to the Company or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third-parties. The copyrights for the Content are owned by the Company or other copyright owners who have authorised their use on this website. You may download and reprint Content for non-commercial, non-public, personal use only. If you are browsing this website as an employee or member of any business or organisation, you may download and reprint Content only for educational or other non-commercial purposes within your business or organisation, except as otherwise permitted by the Company. You may not manipulate or alter in any way images or other Content on the website.
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important to us, and those under the age of 13 are protected by Federal Law. Our Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13, except with their parent’s express consent. If we ever include children under the age of 13 as part of our intended website audience, those specific web pages will, in accordance with the provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice; and we will provide processes to obtain parental approval, provide access to information and allow parents to request removal of their children’s personal information.
You understand that our Company cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this website for the reconstruction of any lost data. Our Company does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
Disclaimer. Our Company makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with respect to the website, the service or the Content. Our Company expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, with regard to the website, the service, the Content, and any product or service furnished or to be furnished via the website. Our Company does not warrant that the functions performed by the website or the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or that defects on the website or the service will be corrected. Our Company does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Content, or that any errors in the content will be corrected. The website, the service, and the Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Limitation On Liability
Our Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, even if our Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You may not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this website any material that:
- You do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third-party;
- Advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;
- Is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent;
- Does not pertain directly to this website;
- Threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- Infringes any intellectual property or other rights of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity;
- Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- Advertises any commercial endeavour (e.g. offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g. conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorised on this website;
- Solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
- Includes programs which contain viruses, worms and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real-time activities via this website;
- Includes MP3 format files;
- Amounts to a ‘pyramid’ or similar scheme;
- Disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of this website or any networks connected to this website; or
- Contains hyperlinks to other websites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
social media GIVEAWAY
By entering the Social Media Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All Weekly 4 x Booze Ticket entries must be received by 11:59pm each Friday. One (1) winner who is staying at Stoke Beach House at the time will be selected at random by The Promoter on each Saturday, and the winner will be notified each Saturday at 4pm.
- All Big Prize (7 Day Stay) entries must be received by 11.59pm on 29th March 2024. One (1) winner will be selected at random by The Promoter on 30th March 2024, and the winner will be notified on or after this date.
- All entries to the Social Media Giveaway must be made via Instagram, Facebook or TikTok. One (1) winner will be chosen at random from all entrants and across all platforms.
- No purchase is necessary. Winners will not be required to pay to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old on the date of their entry.
- Employees of The Promoter are not eligible to enter.
- Instagram, Facebook and TikTok are not in any way affiliated with or involved in the competition.
- Multiple entries per person will be accepted.
- Each entrant shall enter the competition via Instagram, Facebook or TikTok by following @stokebeachhouse and tagging @stokebeachhouse in your social media post.
- The Prize will be awarded to a selected winner who has entered as per the above-outlined entry steps. The Promoter will not be held liable if the named prize becomes unavailable or cannot be fulfilled.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- The Weekly 4 x Booze Ticket winner must use their Booze Tickets within 48 hours. Booze Tickets are none non-transferable and can not be used during a future stay.
- The 2 x Big Prize, 7 Day Stay winners will receive a seven-night stay in a 6-bed mixed dorm that must be used in one stay between 2nd April 2024 and 30th September 2024. The stay is non-transferable.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with the competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the cost price of the Prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the competition or any Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
- The name, address, email address and phone number of the winner must be provided to The Promoter if requested and will be shared to enable the fulfilment of the Prize.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond The Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s first name and social media username may be posted on the social media profiles of The Promotor after the winner has been selected.
Changes To Our Terms & Conditions
This policy was last modified on December 4th, 2019.